Thursday 17 May 2012

Quilt a Cutie

Well here is the second card of the evening:


Wow what a headache this one gave me. I printed out my cute little freebie image from Tiddly Inks and chosen Promarker colours in hand set to colour him in. Thats where it went wrong, the colours did'nt blend properly so I thought I would go over the colouring again only to use the wrong colour and ruin it. So I decided to use the papers I had already chosen as backing papers to cover my mess and fill in the image. I have also decoupaged the elephant and the balloons but it is hard to see that in the pic. All the papers are from a big pack I got from my local craft warehouse. It is huge and has so much cool stuff. Although I try to stay away as I want everything, I am going there this weekend as my Mum is visiting yay. I also got the silver card from there it is very unusual as it has a sort of fabric type embossing on it. I hand typed the sentiment and used a promarker to go over the writing to lift it a little. I added some tiny buttons and little gems to finish the card.

My lovely OH bought me 4 sets of flexmarkers as they were on offer on create and craft. They arrived today so I am off to have a play with them now. Have a great evening all and I will have another card to share with you tomorrow.

I am entering this card into the following challenges:

Crafty Cardmakers - Birthday and Balloons
Paper Makeup Stamps - Photo Inspiration I have used the quilt idea.
Sunday Sketch and Stamp - Sketch

7 comments:

  1. This is adorable! LOVE the metallic silver framing--so fabulous! Thanks for joining in my balloon challenge at CCM! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think your card is adorable. I know how it is when ProMarkers won't blend - it's so annoying. I think the image looks great paper pieced and I really like your colour choices, they work so well together.

    Have fun with your new FlexMarkers!

    Thanks for sharing with us at Crafty Cardmakers.

    Feebsy
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful!
    Thanks for joining us at sunday sketch & stamp challenge!
    Greets Sjoukje

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh how sweet! Love how you pieced your elephant and balloons matching the papers on the sides. :) Thanks for joining us at the Digi Makeover Challenge by Paper Makeup Stamps.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So adorable card, Kelly! I love how your elephant looks :) Sometimes it is good to mess things up because then they can turn out even better then you hoped for. Thanks so much for joining Digi Makeover Challenge at PMS. Hope to see you in PMS again soon.
    Hugs, Eret

    ReplyDelete
  6. super cute - lovely card
    Many thanks for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers this week
    Hugs
    Doreen

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my... So sweet card you made! I will be so glad if you will join us at new challenge in Tuesday Alchemy
    Hugs
    Maria

    ReplyDelete