Thursday 19 July 2012

On yer bike

Good Morning all,

I finally made it to the cinema last night and although the film was pretty rubbish (The five year engagement) it was great to get out and have a bit of me time. I did a little crafting before I went last night and have just finished another little card so I have two to share with you this morning so here is the first:


I have used a fab image from Sliekje and coloured her with my Promarkers and Flexmarkers. As the theme over at Cupcake this week is Le Tour De France I have given her the famous yellow shirt. The backing paper is from Papermania and as it has orange in it I have used orange and brown to finish off my colouring. I have followed the sketch over at Sunday Sketch and Stamp and for the circle I used a paper doilie. I think it helps to break up the colour a little. The lace is a newbie to my stash I got a big box of all different ones off ebay and they were so cheap. I want to get more but I really don't need it as I have enough to open a shop already. I have added a little bit of ribbon from my stash and my old favourite, yep you guessed it Candi. The small flowers are Primas and the big flower started off cream but I added some Promarker to make it fit the card. I got a big bunch of them from my local craft warehouse. I think cream is the way forward as I can make them any colour I need. I have added some little pearls and finished with a handtyped sentiment.

I am entering this card into the following challenges:

Cupcake Craft - Le Tour De France
Papertake Weekly - All things girlie
Crafty Catz - Olympics - cycling
Sunday Sketch - Sketch

7 comments:

  1. Hi! What a super card, the image is so pretty and just perfect for our challenge at Cupcake this week! Your attention to detail with the yellow jersey is fab! Shelly x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really pretty card and a fabulously coloured cute image.
    LOL! i'm sure none need half as much of the stash that we actually have, but are sooo many gorgeous things to keep tempting us.....what are we to do...LOL!!

    Thank you so much for sharing at Sunday Sketch & stamp this week.

    Claire (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for joining our All things girlie challenge at PTW with this super adorable card! Lovely colors :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning card just love the colours you have used

    Joan

    ReplyDelete
  5. Too cute and such gorgeous zingy colours! Thanks for joining in with us at Cupcake this week :) Donna ♥ x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a lovely card and I like the colours you have chosen. Hope you have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a cute & gorgeous design. I love the colours & the image is soo cute :)
    Thank you for sharing.
    Hugz
    Lisa
    P.S I have Tilda blog candy if you're interested :)
    http://dreamtimedesigns.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete